- What did you think of the A-B-C format? I really liked having the class split up into three different parts as it is easier to follow and more effective in learning. It doesn’t feel all over the place and in order. Part A we get to learn about other artist in class and then able to take that experience into part B and so on.
- What did you think of the 4 Messy Hands activities? (Plaster Casting, Sketching in the Garden, Graffiti Writing & Finger Painting) The 4 messy hand activities were my favorite because we were able to go out to do these activities. we didnt have to stay at school so that makes everything so much more fun and less boring. It also allows us to try something new for example the plaster casting I had never done that ever or graffiti so those were two activities I enjoyed.
- What did you think of the 4 Life Design activities? (Design Thinking, ePortfolio, Environmental Portrait, vlog) These were my least favorite besides the vlog i liked the vlog because I thought it was boring doing and eportforlio in an art class i think i wanted to do more hands on art.
- What did you think of the Student Choice & One More activities? This were okay to me I don’t have to much to say about these activities.
- What did you think of visiting the SOA Galleries, having Conversations with SOA Artists, and blogging about them? I think this was my favorite because you get to see more art and learn about those artist and why they chose the color, the idea the layout. It interesting to hear their story and link that back to yourself.
- What did you think of using the class website, glenn.zucman.com/i2va, plus your own websites, instead of BeachBoard? I think its easy to navigate and easier to write for this class since there were many activities. Its easier to display your photos and write about it.
- What did you think of using WordPress for your blog? I liked using WordPress because I was able to add pictures and write about my experiences. I liked making my website pretty.
- What did you think of using Wix for your ePortfolio? I felt Wix was confusing for me to use I didn’t completely understand how to navigate around.
- What did you think of the guest speakers? (Internships, Study Abroad, etc). The guest speakers were very informational and very excited to talk about the programs here CSULB has to offer for us.
- What did you think of the times in class when we took time to meet new classmates? How many Art110 peeps did you know before the class started? How many do you know now? I liked that the professor enforced us to talk to people and meet new people. Its good to network with people as in other classes everyone is more to themselves so I liked that Glenn enforced working together and talking to others.
- What did you think about having a class with no tests? I don’t just mean “was it cool to not have to take any,” but students use tests to guide their study and participation in a class. Students tend to learn what’s on the test, and to not learn anything that isn’t. Did not having exams make it harder to focus or find importance and relevance in the class? I think having no exams made the class easier and made it more effective for students to actually learn since we were never reading out of a book this class was fun. Where as if we did have exams coming out of a book people would find the class miserable and not much learning would happen students would just memorize for the test and then forget.
- Any other thoughts? I think using index cards for attendance we can maybe take on beach board to save paper. I think this is an overall fun class for students taking a GE.
I would never known that I didn’t have to be the best artist in the world to take this class. I remember I was a little nervous the first day of class because I didn’t know how to draw fascinating things and my ‘art’ skills were going to be put to the test. But as soon as the professor started to talk about what would be going on in this class I felt a sense of relief, because aside from just learning art it was going to be done by learning more ourselves and bringing out our creative side. Each assignment done was to help us find ourselves a bit more and express ourselves and truly like that about this class. Almost everything around us is art and its fascinating that things we do not consider art is art.
One of my favorite activities this semester were the SOA galleries because each time I was able to talk to someone new and learn a little bit about themselves and their art. I enjoy learning about others so I was always excited to see who’s art art gallery I was going to like and who’s will fascinate me. I think there are many cool and fascinating artist we have on campus. Aside from learning about their life I was able to learn more about art in terms of how it can be difficult at time and how it allows people to express their story about themselves or ideas. I was able to relate to a few of the artists at time as to the ideas they were expressing in their art.
I am a Business Management major and this is a complete different major compared to art and I liked that I had this class to be able to relax and express thoughts or ideas about myself since I can’t do that with Business. I am expected to graduate Fall 2020 and im really excited to be steps closer to my degree since I have been working hard and still continuing. I hope to get into property management with my degree and talk to people like I did during the SOA gallery portion of this class. My class are beginning to get tougher but I know my hard work will pay off as long as I stay focused.
How I see art is different to nothing is actually beautiful we all find something ‘beautiful’ different. Art is not all about making a beautiful piece, it is what you as the artist finds appealing. Art is an expression of ourselves and I understood that seeing different art pieces this semester. At the beginning of the semester I thought art was supposed to be only beautiful and there were some artist that did not know how to draw but that wasn’t the case. In fact we are all artist and we all have our own idea of what beautiful is and in that case all art is beautiful.
Taking Art 110 was a great decision this semester as it helped me understand a little bit more of myself and the beauty of art all around me. It helped me to be a creative person and shown how to apply the creativity in other parts of my life as well. I know I will always this of the different activities I did where I was able to paint and draw what ever I wanted and to never be afraid to express my thoughts feelings or ideas regardless of what others may think of my art.
This portrait represent me currently as an accountant for my dad’s company. This is something I’m super interested in and enjoy doing. I am a business management major so I wanted to show me seeing trend in shared expenses and making a income statements etc. Im currently getting experience in accounting and im glad I have my father to teach me and help me. I usually work for my dad on the weekends since I am a full time student and I don’t have much time in the day to help. I know I can be a very successful person and being that I like doing accounting I know I wont be miserable. Below is the office I work in from home so its nice to get an office feel of what an actual office workspace feels like.
Artist: Jorge A. Jimenez Jr.
Exhibition: When Life Gives you Lemons
Media: Ceramics,wood,acrylic paint, wood, canvas
Gallery: Dennis W. Dutzi Gallery
Life is full experiences hard ones and easy ones. Many people unfortunately their life if full of difficult experiences, but one thing that keeps us sane and always supportive is our family. Through thick and thin they are always there for us no matter what and know you can have someone to lean when you don’t have anyone else. From the moment we are born we have our future destined for us. All the experiences we go through shape us and help us become a better person each day.
Jorge’s parents were both Mexican immigrants and he suffered not being able to have all the things he desired. He was content with what him and his family had and cherished it. My mom crossed the border at 19 from El Salvador. It was a very difficult and scary experience for her being so young and alone. She luckily made a life here and received her citizenship but in the time being she was very poor. She was living day by day and so many people that come from other countries strive for opportunity at success here in America.
So many people living in second or third world countries wish they could experience the American dream and as society continues it becomes harder for those who are not American to reach that dream. My mom came at a time that immigration laws weren’t terrible things were much easier and as it is its still scary. My mom had left behind her two twin daughters in El Salvador to later come back for them and give them a better life. She successfully brought her daughters over with the help of my dad who was in the police helped speed up her process of becoming a citizen.
Like Jorge and his family we all have experiences that shape us and with our experience we can learn from them and gain wisdom. Everyday we want to learn more about ourselves and become stronger as individuals. My moms experience has helped her to always strive for an opportunity when it will benefit her life and her kids.
I really enjoyed drinking and drawing it was really relaxing to me. I also thought my hand-eye coordination is hard I’m also not the best drawer. But it was still something fun and exciting to just zone out and relax for a little.
Hey guys welcome to my website! This is just a quick vlog of something I enjoy to do as well as what I did for a day out of my spring break I hope you enjoy!